We use Webcollect to manage our subscriptions and events online.
BCC home on WebCollect
for 18 and over.
YOUTH / STUDENT / CONCESSIONARY: £55.00,
under 18, full time education, unwaged.
for two adults and unlimited youth/student under 18; at same address (immediate family only).
for those who live more than 50 miles away and have limited access to facilities.
ATTENDANCE FEES (for all members)
This includes full use of facilities and equipment:
£3.00 per session for 'Independent' Paddlers, or,
£5.00 per session for a Course of instruction with a Coach.
£3.00 per Saturday Afternoon Session (SAC) for under 18.
The membership year is 1st April to 31st March. New members only can join in January and have 15 months membership!
A family membership typically consists of two adults and at least two children.
Currently membership is in the region of 180.
With appropriate parental support very young children can quite easily participate.
Guests may try the facilities by arrangement for up to 3 sessions at £10.00 per session.
You can become involved in:
1. Coaching at all levels as a member of the Coaching Team
2. Volunteering at or organising small or large events
3. Volunteering for organising small or large club-based tasks
4. Assisting in the Club’s organisation as a member of the Management Team
5. Encouraging and helping others of all levels and ages
6. Assisting with School, Scout/Guiding organisations and other Community Groups
Your attendance fee provides access to:
1. More than 80 canoes and kayaks
2. A variety of buoyancy aids, paddles & spray covers
3. Coached sessions at various levels of performance
4. Access to sessions at courses leading to nationally recognised Awards
5. Equipment for club tours, trips and events
6. Seasonal Paddling Programmes: Summer (Easter to Sept) & Autumn/Spring (Oct to Easter)
Additional options you can buy into:
1. Inter-club competitions from beginner to national level
2. Intensive coaching sessions at national standards on specified occasions
3. Pool sessions at Meadowside Leisure Centre
4. Half day, full day, weekend, multi-day tours and events local, regional and national
Your annual membership fee provides:
1. Regular access to the large, modern club house, including hot showers
2. Landing stages and priority use of them
3. Kitchen for hot and cold drinks, access to microwave and toaster for snacks!
4. Affiliated membership of the British Canoe Union
5. Free guidance and advice from experienced and qualified personnel
6. Eligibility to attend in a variety of club events, local, regional and national
7. Formulation, adoption and implementation of club policies and procedures
8. Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
9. Give feedback, join in members' discussions at quarterly General Meetings
Burton Canoe Club